20131112

REVIEW: NARS BODY GLOW

When it comes to skincare, I'm a huge fan of facial oils. Namely, Clarins Huile Santal which has been a complete miracle worker for me but we'll get round to that another time. After using it for the past year and a half I decided it was about time I gave body oils a go. I'd heard so many things about Nuxe Oil Prodigieuse, I came to the conclusion that I had to try it out for myself. So I did and I loved it except for one thing, the scent which my Mum and I both agreed was reminiscent of cooking oil. That for me was a huge deal breaker and so I left. Empty handed and slightly nauseous. Not cool. The search continued and a couple of weeks later I found myself in my local Space NK, eyeing up this.

Introducing NARS Body Glow. I've had this for about a month or so now and I've used it, a lot. This stuff is truly amazing and heres a round up of why; 
(1.) Call me impatient but in my book the only thing that takes longer than waiting for your nails to dry, is waiting for your moisturiser to sink in! Being a lightweight dry oil, Body Glow seeps into your skin with ease, rehydrating and soothing your skin and more importantly it dries quickly. (2.) Scent was obviously a major player in this purchase. Thankfully Body Glow is made with Monoi de Tahiti Oil which happens to smell absolutely divine! Composed of pure coconut oil, infused by the buds of the tiare flower its a real holiday scent that transports you to the south pacific and I just can't get enough.  (3.) I have to admit I was rather intimidated by the colour/shimmer, but if I had one word of advice for you its don't be. Every application has the perfect balance of each to leave your skin looking radiant and naturally sun kissed. I know that when it comes to being bronzed the word natural can be - shall we, say questionable? But in all seriousness, this looks like you aren't wearing anythingAt all. I honestly can't say enough good things about NARS Body Glow - unlike many moisturising creams I've used I feel like my skin is actually benefiting from using it, my skin feels instantly hydrated and so soft its almost silk like. It retails at £44 per 120ml which is quite pricey but I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase as I do believe I'm getting my moneys worth, as you don't need a great amount of product per application as I've said a little does go a long way. I would note that this product is not a self tanner. It doesn't attempt to tan your skin for days at a time it is more of an instant colour lasting a day or two at the most. If colour isn't what you're looking for there is an alternative; Body Glow II which is pretty much the same, just sans tint. I tested this out too, it gives a nice sheen that I would imagine looks great on legs. Apologies for the lack of swatches, I tried and failed, miserably at that. Literally every single one was blurred. I'll work on it. 

1 comment:

  1. great review, love how detailed it is.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete